Vanessa Wakeman, CEO of Indulgence Weddings and Events in NYC was kind enough to take time out of her busy schedule to provide us with her Top Wedding Trends for 2008.
1. Eco-friendly weddings. Hollywood put everyone on notice by making large scale events like the Emmys and Oscars green. Now couples are looking to go green with their weddings.
2. Ice. Ice continues to stay on the trend list because it can be used in so many ways. Don’t think intertwined hearts or kissing swans, envision lush centerpieces housed in vases made of ice, dramatic martini luges or a chandelier with crystal embellishments all made of ice.
3. Wardrobe changes. The bride will show everyone it’s her party and she can change if she wants to. Expect this year’s bride to have two to three different looks throughout the wedding day.
4. Weddings become theatrical. While cookie cutter weddings are a rarity these days, couples will stop at nothing to create a wedding that is completely different from anything else. From dramatic entrances to jaw dropping decor and food, weddings will truly be productions with producers, prop masters and stage hands in the background to make it happen.
5. Budgets will sky rocket. It doesn’t matter what the feds say weddings are recession proof — whether ultra-conservative or over the top — couples will stop at nothing to show the world the true meaning behind what’s love got to do with it!
Vanessa is the Host of The Wedding Coach cable television program; Editor-In-Chief of The Wedding Coach Playbook; Creative Director for Wedding Fantasies, the annual bridal event for affluent brides and a featured Columnist in the society magazine The WAG. Under The Wedding Coach brand, Vanessa has authored “82 Fashion & Beauty Tips for the Full-Figured Bride”, “101 Money Saving Tips for the Bride & Groom” and “The Groom’s Pocket Guide to Wedding Planning” and has served as a special guest speaker and commentator at bridal events for Fortunoff, Bloomingdales and Westchester Weddings magazine.
Vanessa is also the Founder and Executive Director of The Foundation for Living and Loving Life, a non-profit organization with the mission of assisting female cancer Survivors with their wedding planning dreams.