Wild Dunes Resort is a 1,600-acre oceanfront paradise on the Isle of Palms in South Carolina, which in recent years has become a hot spot for domestic destination weddings.
The resort creates very personalized weddings utilizing its many indoor and outdoor ceremony and reception spaces.
The resident wedding expert at Wild Dunes Resort is Samantha Hazard. She knows all about today’s top wedding trends from decorations to cuisine and everything in between.
She was kind enough to share with us the hottest wedding trends this season:
- An increase in requests for bold, bright, non-traditional color themes such as apple green and magenta.
- Brides are requesting tall, majestic centerpieces (a la Christina Aguilera), signature cocktail stations and cigar bars.
- A mix of American and international decor influenced by Italy, Asia or India.
- From distinct flavors to oversized cakes with varying shapes and colors, the bride wants her cake to be remembered.
- The groom’s cake is back by popular demand as well and often humorously reflects the groom’s hobby, profession or favorite sport.