New York based wedding planner and caterer Andrea Correale of Elegant Affairs was kind enough to talk to us about wedding trends for 2008.
Elegant Affairs Caterers is a 5-Star, full-service catering company that has been catering to social and corporate clientele of Manhattan, Long Island and the Hamptons for the last decade. Andrea has extensive experience planning all types of weddings from the simple affairs to the most lavish galas.
Here are some tips and trends from Andrea and Elegant Affairs Caterers:
What’s In & What’s Out
- Round tables for reception seating is out and a combination of square, rectangle, and round tables are in.
- Symmetrical floral centerpieces are out and varying size and shape floral centerpieces are in (different vases and vessels used at each reception table).
- All white weddings are out. Chocolate brown accented with either pale blue, celadon, or pale orange is the hot color combination for 2008.
- Fried food and heavy entrees are out. Lighter fare, organic cuisine, and vegetarian cuisine are definitely in.
- Many brides are requesting that a donation be given to their charity of choice in lieu of wedding gift.
- For bridesmaids gifts, it’s a great gesture to take the girls for a spa treatment, or manicures and pedicures followed by a ladies lunch catered at the spa or at a local restaurant.
- Using an online photo shop, create personalized photo books of memories throughout the years. Try shutterfly.com to get some great ideas.
Wedding Cake Trends
- Round cakes are out and square cakes are in.
- The days of the white cake are over. Brides are opting for cakes with bold colors and abstract shapes.
To learn more about Andrea Correale and Elegant Affairs, please visit elegantaffairscaterers.com.